Imagine this for Sixty Minutes?
What is ULTRA SEVENS RUGBY ?
ULTRA SEVENS is a modified version of rugby 7's using the established laws of the game, while introducing North American flavour, making for exciting, high scoring, first time viewer friendly entertainment.
The Basics of ULTRA SEVENS RUGBY
- Each team will be comprised of up to 16 players.
- The game is played in four 15 minute quarters with a 15 minute half time break. There is also a 5 minute break between quarters.
- Active substitution similar to basketball (the precise law modifications in regards to substitutions will be published in due course).
Why ULTRA SEVENS RUGBY ?
- ULTRA SEVENS adopts a format that will be highly recognizable to North American sports enthusiasts. Four quarters and a halftime interval provides a sustained stage to feature the incredible energy associated with Sevens Rugby.
- Sevens is a fast paced game with lots of opportunity for big hits and lots of scoring. It is a game that can be readily picked up by the novice rugby fan.
- Teams have 16 players rather than 12 players, allowing for tactical substitutions and the introduction of role/impact players in certain situations in a game.